Monday, June 9, 2014

Meatless Monday: Veggie Burritos

No animals were harmed in the making of these burritos.
Today for "Meatless Monday" I grilled up some veggies, cooked basmati rice with lime, heated a can of organic black beans, topped it all off with a little cheese, homemade guacamole & salsa we had leftover from the weekend, then wrapped it all up in a tasty tortilla. MMmmmmmm......



I was so excited to try out my new grill/griddle and let me tell ya, that thing works like a champ! I foresee a lot of grilled veggies in our future. It was so easy! Just brush on a little garlic olive oil, lightly season, and rotate the veggies every few minutes then after 10 minutes, when you start seeing those beautiful grill lines you know it's grilled to perfection.

So I cheated and used the raw flour tortillas. You can find these at the grocery story in the refrigerated section. They're almost as good as homemade and WAY better than the pre-cooked kind.Top it all off with cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, olives, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pretty much whatever you want--Just NO meat, it's Meatless Monday!

Adapted from The Pioneer Woman LOVE HER!


No comments:

Post a Comment