Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Toffee Cheesecake Bites


Two words: 
Toffee-Cheesecake!
Need I say more? 

My super sweet Mother-in-Law made mini cheesecakes 
for our Christmas Eve Party last year
 and I have been craving them ever since. 
So here I am 6 months later,
 about to die if I don't get me some of that 
bite-sized cheesecake goodness! 

Cheesecake happens to be one of my 
all-time favorite desserts,
but the thought of making an entire cheesecake
 is kind of intimidating.

However when I was researching mini-cheesecake recipes, 
I discovered, there's really not much to it!

You've got the crust:
Courtesty of my four-year-old.
(Note to self: make sure the lid's on tight!)

I think it's safe to say anything in the 
graham cracker/cookie family 
would work wonderfully. 
We went with a handful of 
Goldfish Grahams "Smores" 
and a handful of 
Golden Graham cereal.
Add 1/2 Teaspoon of crumbs to 
mini-muffin pans. 
Next time I think I'll skip the liners.

Now for the cheesecake filling:
Start with 8 oz. cream cheese 
at room temperature. 
Mix until smooth.
Nobody wants a lumpy cheesecake!
Add in a Teaspoon of Vanilla,
1/2 cup of sugar,
and 1 egg. 
Mix!
At this point I did a taste test 
(Don't consume raw eggs, I know!)
and it tasted like cheesecake, 
albeit a bit runny. 
Since I'm a rebel,
and I insist on putting my own spin 
on everything,
I added a splash of this:
Sugar free white chocolate syrup
Mmmmmm...
Fill those cups!
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.

While they're cooling
make a tasty topping!

I melted down 
Health Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
I'm betting you could top these babies 
with just about anything...
Cherry pie filling, 
white chocolate,
dark chocolate ganache...
the options are endless.

Now spoon the topping 
onto the cheesecake bites
and chill for a couple hours.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment